Dangers of Having Varicose Veins (Infographic)
Recent studies have shown varicose veins are the most common early sign of vein disease. Without proper medical treatment varicose veins may lead to further health conditions.
- Skin Ulcers - Due to chronic (long-term) backing up of blood. These sores or ulcers are painful and hard to heal. Sometimes they cannot heal until the backward blood flow in the vein is repaired. (Read more)
- Bleeding – The skin over the veins becomes thin and easily injured. When an injury occurs, there can be significant blood loss.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – D.V.T. is a blood clot in a deeper vein. It can cause a “pulling” feeling in the calf, pain, warmth, redness, and swelling. However, sometimes it causes no significant symptoms. If the blood clot travels to the lungs, it can be fatal. (Read more)
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis – (throm-bo-fli-BYT-uhs), which is a blood clot that forms in a vein just below the skin. Symptoms include skin redness; a firm, tender, warm vein; and sometimes pain and swelling.
Other Common Symptoms:
- Bulging / Lumpy veins
- Achiness / Pain in the legs
- Itchiness in the legs and feet
Who They Affect:
- Almost 50 percent of adult men are affected by varicose veins.
- About one third of adult women are affected by varicose veins.
- It is estimated that atleast 20 to 25 million Americans have varicose veins.
If you current suffer from varicose veins or are concerned that you may be suffering from varicose veins or any of these symptoms please seek medical advice.
Use This Graphic for Free on Your Site!
You may use the infographic above on your website, however, the license we grant to you requires that you properly and correctly attribute the work to us with a link back to our website by using the following embed code.
<div style="width: 590px;"><a href="http://www.veinsofhouston.com/dangers-of-varicose-veins"><img alt="Dangers of Having Varicose Veins (Infographic)" src="http://www.veinsofhouston.com/editor_uploads/images/dangers-of-varicose-veins.jpg" title="Dangers of Having Varicose Veins" /></a><br />
Infographic authored by The Vein Specialist of Houston, a <a href="http://www.veinsofhouston.com/">Vein Treatment Center</a>. </div>